Sunday, June 26, 2016

MYOPIA

Myopic
I drive a car into the night
Darkness all around, unfamiliarity,
The headlights show me a few feet in front,
I take pleasure in what life gives me.
I close my eyes, a moment’s break,
Open them to face the challenges,
Myopia haunts me, affects me,
No glasses ever made can cure me.
Infinity, a big ball of complexities,
A hundred decisions, a thousand miles
A thousand miles to cross in the car,
All I can see is a few miles in front of me.
Myopic, a near point to my eyes

Cannot see beyond that point,
Try as I might, it gets all blurry,
All I can depend upon is goals, aspirations, imaginations.
A few yards lightened by the headlight of my car,
My vessel, and the gravel and bumps those few yards
Offer me, I cross them as they come,
Hopefully, faithfully, that the next bump will be smaller.
A few miles of clarity, with no glasses to aid me,
I can only see infinity, in my inward eye,
Of all the hopes and dreams I weave,
For that perfect infinity.

For I can brace myself, in hope to redeem myself,
For the infinity in front of me is boundless,
A few miles, a few feet is what life offers me,
And for now, that, is enough.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Very nice. Your entire life will be lived in grey, not knowing what's ahead. But that's what makes it so exciting. Imagine how boring your life would be if you knew it from now till the end. And how horrible that end would be, when you knew when its time has come?! By the way I love the ending! :)

Vanshika Saikia said...

Thank you so much Uncle haha

App Development Bangalore said...

Nice post, things explained in details. Thank You.